Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Story of my Mom's Immigration

By: Brenda Gonzalez

What is your name?
My name is Candelaria Serrano, nice to meet you Candelaria.
I came here to do an interview about immigration.

Are you interesting in participate?
Can you tell me more about Mexico? Yes mexico is a touristic place and it’s pretty beautiful.
How long have you been in this country? I have been here for about one year and some months,
almost 2 years.

What date you come here to San Francisco?
I came here in july 23, 2009.

What is your favorite food?
Tamales and pozole, these are Mexican food.

What do you miss from your country?
Principally my parents, siblings and my home, that was 5
times big than the one that I live here.

How did you feel when you left your country?
When I left my country I felt happy because I was
coming to hang out with my husband.

What is different between your country and United States?
Something different between Mexico
and United States is the weather, the food, because even though if is the same Mexican food the
ingredients are different and the food tastes different, people here is not very friendly.

Did you walk on the desert when you come here? Or did you had any problem to arrive here?
What were your thoughts when while you were in the airplane?
My thoughts were what happened
if the airplane fell.

How did your parents felt when you immigrated?
They were so sad because they knew that I was
leaving them for long time and something bad could happen to me in my way to San Francisco.

Why did you moved to San Francisco to live?
 I moved here because my husband was here.

What is something similar between your country Mexico and United States?
People and many mountains.

How did your family felt when they came here?
They felt strange because the language, the different
population from other countries and the house was smaller.

Do you like to live here? Yes I like to live here because everything is less expensive than in my country
and I live with my husband and my children.

Do you want to go back to Mexico?
Yeah, but just for vacations.

No comments:

Post a Comment