Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Separation From My Mom

By: Izhmael Gudiel

     In July 8, 2012 I separated from my mom, I asked many questions about our separation. One thing that She said was that United States is better that my country because the United States has more opportunities for me.

 

     I want tell about my mom (Blanca) she was born in Guatemala City. I lived 15 years with her, and one day my father called my home and He said ‘I want Ismael(me) to move to the United States’. My mom was really amazed and said ‘why do you want Ismael to move to the United States?’

 

     So the terrible trouble began to my mom. My mom told me that our separation was very difficult to her because she said that I am her youngest child.

 

     On July 8, 2012 the most terrible thing happened, this date was the moment when I separated from my family. This moment was very difficult to my mom and me, all my family was crying when we were in the airport. When it was time to go I embraced my mom and my family for the last time; it was difficult for my mom, my family and me.

 

     When I come to San Francisco at midnight on July 9, 2012 The first thing that I did was call my mom but when I asked my brother for her, He said ‘my mom is sick, She is very sad and She doesn’t want to eat’. When I talked with my mom I learned that se was very sad and I said ‘I know that our separation is difficult but I promise that I will see you soon’. My mom told me that a whole week she felt sad and didn’t want to eat but when I called everyday she felt better; She also tell me that Christmas was very difficult because all Christmas my family always was together and the Christmas of 2012 was very sad to her.

 

     I  asked to my mom how she feels now and she said ‘ there are many days that I remember many memories together’ and she felt sad sometimes but how I call 3 times a week and she feels good bur always she says to me ‘ I miss you’

 

     I also asked how she feels about this interview and she said ‘it is sad to remember everything that happened: so that was how I separated from my mom.

2 comments: