Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Shine Bright Like a Diamond

By Margorie Loyola


In May 29 something big for all seniors is going to happen: Marlyn Martinez and I are going to graduate from High School. But, also is going to be a hard and difficult time for us because we were spending for 4 years together, we are like a family, we were sharing many things together and it’s going to be a hard time for everyone after many things spend together.
For my interview I choose Marlyn because she is a really nice person and I know her since my first day at SFIHS. She was really nice with me when I first came to SFIHS. Marlyn is 18 years old and she is from Guatemala. She has been here for three years. For her it was difficult the first year because she didn’t know English. It took her like a year to learn English, the hard part for her was to speak and the easy one is understand it.
Now that she is a senior she feel proud of what she be done because she has done things that she never thought she would be able to do it. Marlyn is excited to go to college as I am. For her the most scared part of going to college is that she had to pay a lot of money and also she is scared to not understand the class. She wants to go to college because she wants to be a professional enginery and to learn how to build new things.
For her the most difficult part of being in college is the high level of the homework and English.
The career the Marlyn want to study is civil enginery because she love math and also because she is really interested to build new things. Also she wants to have a doctorate degree (PhD) and study architecture and psychology.
After Marlyn finish college she is going to visit her home country GUATEMALA and start working as a civil enginery here in USA and opens her own company and builds a house for her parents and a house for her and also sends money to her family in Guatemala.
After Marlyn graduate from college she wants to get another career as psychology or architecture. After all the college life I ask Marlyn is she would like to have a family you know between 10 or 15 years but she told me that she doesn’t feel like having a family, maybe yes or maybe not.
She would like to stay in San Francisco; she doesn’t want to move to another city. Sometimes it’s hard to separate from your family and all the people that have been with you. That’s why I also decide to stay here living in Frisco.
One advice that we would like to give to 9 and 10 grades is: DO YOUR BEST. NEVER GIVE UP, TRY AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. BE YOURSELF. BE UNIQUE. BE ORIGINAL.
Marlyn and I feels that SFIHS is our second home because most of the time we spend in school with the teachers and our friends or sometimes we are in sports but we are together with our team and when someone has problems we are there for them or they are there for you. After we get out of high school we are going to feel sad because we don’t know what is going to happen with us we don’t know if we are going to meet each other again. But yeah that’s how life is. And no matter what would happen to us I will never forget my crazy, lovely friends that I meet at San Francisco International High School. I never thought that I would make a lot of friends.
I just want to let them know that after we get out of high school every single person will form part of my life and that they always be in my heart<3<3<3


2 comments: